A Dizzy Dance

I have wrote this post several times. The words I selected to paint my view just seem off-I have lived in chaos the past few months. It moved in with the Chiggers-tiny red mites that live outside, in tall grass. It all started at the end of October, but it still hasn't ended. Brakes locking up on our truck, the leach bed needing to be dug up, bailing water on the lawn, washing the bedding every day in hot water-the madness went on. Holidays came and went, than time to resume my new crazy schedule. My husband, Mr. Fix-it is suppose to finish up the yard this weekend. The frigid temperatures and moving our son halted the yard project. Our son and a good friend helped with the yard, around their busy schedules. It was during the Christmas season, our son got a new job in another state. I was helping him move, while husband was at his new job-a company that has roots in Maine. I couldn't do much lifting, but drove, unpacked, and help him get settled in his new apartment. Then the flu arrived and now a cold that has left me with a middle ear infection or what I call a cheap ocean cruise. I sit here at my kitchen table, drinking my cup of Joy tea watching the birds arrive on my deck, to eat the scattered sunflower seeds- I tossed out hours ago. The sun creating a stripped pattern of neon pink light reminding me- I must embrace a new path, begin again, start over, try, try again! I hope you rang the New Year in with warm memories, laughter and light!!! I hope your holidays were wonderful-mine were, than we went returned to our new normal-digging, bailing and tons of laundry. Everything being washed in hot water! So now my favorite pair of jeans are tight, not from holiday treats, but washing them in hot water-lol. We are still trying to figure out why this stick was in our pipe and the final pipe was crimped?!
2013 was a tough year for me! My husband retired early from the Navy in March, officially in June and we had to find new ways to dance around each other. As an artist I need time alone to sift through my thoughts, find the light in my day. When I am not creating or writing, I grab a camera and walk-taking photos of what inspires me. I am not use to someone else tagging along.For him it was a time to do somethings he loved, for me it was a dizzy dance between him and my respecting the direction my muse wanted to take. We figured it out and moved on, but hunting season arrived and the storm of chaos interrupted our lives beginning with tiny red mites that can burrow in and live on your clothes for three days. Last year he was bitten, but did not bring the mites home. This time it was a different story. I sit here motion drunk feeling like I am at sea or have driven 500 miles. Yes, my cheap ocean cruise, but I am better and it is time to find a word for 2014. Grow was my word for 2013-I did just that. For 2014, I think Dare may be my word. I have wanted to try to teach art and volunteered at the local Senior Center, but I want to teach to those who can take my ideas and recreate their own, be inspired to see something else. This is what creative people do-we find stepping stones in each other's ideas, art, words and photos. We recreate something new from our view of light, dark, and shadows. So, Dare is my word! Did you pick a word for 2014? Did you set some new goals? I might just visit your blog and Dare you this year to try something new! Cheers to fresh beginnings and trying to seek and find beautiful light in your day!

Comments

Ella said…
Blogger has altered its page...augh! Sorry about the messy post-I need to read the new guidelines~ Hope you are well and surviving the cold!
Hey Ella! Good to hear from you! Sorry about the mites and your illness. With it being so cold on top of everything, that probably didn't help. Sip your tea and recover.
D.G. Hudson said…
I try to add something new each year, too. To keep me interested and to continue learning. Good luck with teaching crafts and arts. You'll do great!

2013 was tough for us, helping older daughter get re-established, but we coped. Somehow life goes on, so remember that old saying, 'this too, shall pass'. I'm hoping 2014 is an improvement for all of us who didn't care for 2013. . .

Best wishes for you and family for 2014!
Brian Miller said…
oo very cool...i hope you get that opportunity to teach art....i used to volunteer during art as an assistant at the elementary school...that was a lot of fun...hey we go through those tough years to prepare us for the next you know...so i expect great things for you....
shelly said…
Loved your pic at the end of your post. Hope all goes well for you in 2014.
Sherry Blue Sky said…
I am frankly RELIEVED to have 14 at the end of the year and to see the last of 2013. It was a hard year for me, too.

I love the word Dare, for you for 2014. Yes! Dare to put your art first, dare to find creative outlets. Go for it, kiddo! You have a gift. Use it well.
as you can see all your blogger friends are here for you.
I echo Brian and Sherry's words

you will be going through a transition now sharing space with another 'big' person (retirey)
it can be a challenge sharing space when accustomed to the solitude of thought

New beginning?

buena suerte, mi amiga

just observe and enjoy
Mary said…
DARE is a great word for 2014! I do hope that your 2014 is a good one, Ella. You have had a lot of changes in your life in 2013, but keep your DARING attitude as you move into this new year.
Anonymous said…
Dare is a great word and so powerful in its guidance Ellen. Every time I visit I'm in awe of how you put words together, as if each word belonged with the other. I wish I had that ability. Wishing you a great and dare-full 2014!

xo,
abby
Renee said…
With all of the excitement at home you have still managed to maintain your blog (and your sanity). Dare is a wonderful word to ponder. Let's all look forward to a better year in 2014.
L. Diane Wolfe said…
Dare not to feel dizzy! LOL That's a good word, as it speaks of bold action.

I can tell you're in NC by the cardinal. They are really thick this winter.
I think a lot of us are glad to see the last of 2013. It was an unusual year, lots of ups and downs, or since it was the year of the snake - lots of curves! LOL

I'm looking forward to 2014 and wishing you all the best too! I'll send an email soon! Be well!
Morgan said…
SO GRATEFUL for a new year also... gosh, "real life" stuff stinks. And you've had your share, Ella... But I love reading your adventures and your thoughts. Can't wait to see what this new year holds for you. So glad I get to know you and read your updates. :)
Wanda said…
Dare is such a great word to embrace. Look forward to seeing how it unfolds in your life this year Ella.
Vicki Sheehan said…
yes, 2013 was a year of ups and downs for me too. love your word "dare". i hope your year gets better real soon : )
Crystal Collier said…
Change can be hard, but it's good. I think it's truly what keeps us from becoming bored, and let's face it, who wants to be bored? (Even if the adjustments are painful.)
Arlee Bird said…
I hope something good comes all our ways in 2014.

Missed you at What Works.... Hope all is well with you.

Lee
Tossing It Out